We examine scalability of teams and tasks by considering complex tasks that require a team-of-teams approach. Given a complex task, this thrust considers how to decompose it into subtasks, the effect of inter-task dependencies, and how to assign teams to such tasks. We consider the learning of optimal decomposition and coordination structures using methods from reinforcement learning, and we examine adaptivity over nested tasks and learning of optimal coordination structures.
Thrust 3 Tasks:
- Examine the structure and assignment for nested tasks
- Decomposing tasks into subtasks
- Assigning tasks to individuals and subgroups
- Coordinating interdependencies among subtasks
- Develop composite models for nested tasks